I’m really excited about these upcoming compositions!
- Wildlings for multi-percussion duo: Wildlings was commissioned by Michael Burritt and Eastman School of Music. Michael and I will premiere the piece on Sept. 9, 2014 at Eastman.
- Hold Fast for Vibraphone and Drum Set duo: Commissioned by a consortium lead by Luis River and Justin Alexander. Hold Fast will be premiered on Friday, Sept. 26, 2014 at University of South Alabama.
- Crossed Wires for multi-percussion soloist: Crossed Wires was commissioned by a consortium led by Phillip O’Banion, professor of percussion at Temple University. The piece is a collection of four related solos: Legerdemain for multiple percussion instruments, This Too Shall Pass for vibraphone solo, 30,000 Emails for multi-percussion & loop pedal, and Karma Loop for multi-percussion & loop pedal. Sheet music will be available Sept. 2014 and will sold as a collection or as individual pieces.
- Heat Stroke for Drum Set Soloist + Tape: Written for Aaron Staebell’s call for drum set solos. It will be premiered by Aaron at the Rochester Fringe Festival in Sept. 2014.
- Marimba Soloist + Tape: Percussionist Chris Lizak has organized a consortium to have me compose a new piece for marimba solo and tape.
- Skylarkers for wind ensemble: I’ve been commissioned by the University of Tennessee at Martin to arrange my piece Skylarkers for wind ensemble. The piece will be premiered in late 2014, performed by percussionist Julie Hill and the UTM wind ensemble.
- High School Percussion Ensemble: Percussionist and music educator Colby Burris has organized a consortium to have me compose a work for high school percussion ensemble.
- Drum Set Soloist + Percussion Ensemble: Tennessee Tech University has commissioned me to compose a piece for drum set soloist with percussion ensemble. The piece will be premiered in April, 2015 with me and the TTU percussion ensemble.
- Multi-Percussion Solo: Percussionist Mark Boseman has commissioned me to compose a multi-percussion solo. Set to release in early 2015.